Alpine Helen Info
Alpine Helen Georgia
The small town with big excitement! Walk through the quaint charm of Bavaria in the heart of the North Georgia Mountains. With a population of just over 400 residents – is the state’s third most visited city. There is no other town that packs so much charm and so much to do into only 2.1 square miles. Our town started as a home to the Cherokee, and then to European settlers who came for the gold and the timber. Today, people come for our Blue Ridge Mountain setting and the Southeast’s finest Bavarian Village and a glimpse of Germany, right here in Georgia. Quaint hotels, cobblestone walkways, Alpine food and drink invite you to lose yourself for a family getaway, a quiet weekend, or a walking tour. Surrounded by natural beauty, wineries, artisan tours, festivals, and much, much more.
Alpine Helen’s attractions are as varied as the people who visit us. Outdoor adventurers flock to the hills and waters that surround us. Oenophiles come to tour the local vineyards, and sample the unique wines they produce. Our special blend of cultures, traditions, history, and arts attracts many more. And here, you can introduce the whole family to new kinds of fun that you experience together, without tiny glowing screens. Don’t forget our wonderful seasonal attractions—you haven’t been to an Oktoberfest until you’ve lived it in Alpine Helen.
- Dukes Creek Gold and Ruby Mines - Hunt for a wide variety of gemstones treasures, including rubies, sapphires, emeralds, amethyst, and more! We offer convenient panning tables so your can sit comfortably under the shade while you pan just like the ole' timers did. Our trained staff will evaluate your “finds” for cutting and setting.
- Charlemagne's Kingdom Model Railroad Exhibit - an Alpine Model Railroad Museum in the Georgia Mountains, features HO Scale German Model Railroads, in a 50 foot exhibit that depicts the various terrain and architecture of Germany. As an example of Alpine art, it is a unique combination of imagination and craftsmanship, the product of the original owners of Willi and Judi Lindhorst. Charlemagne refers principally to the German lands which were ruled by the Frankish King in the 700's. This exhibit is really a marvelous Alpine Model Railroad depicting a modern Germany from "The North Sea to the Alps." It is truly a work of art and is the result of Willi's love of his homeland, its people, trains, architecture, industry, customs and culture. (Not only that, but Willi can trace himself as a lineal descendant of Charlemagne!)
- ALPINE SPEEDWAY SLOT CAR RACING - OPENING SPRING 2020
Alpine Mini Golf Village - Located at the south end of Helen on Main Street, you will see our beautiful 18 hole Helen Alpine Mini Golf Course. Our flower gardens are breathtaking. We're kid friendly, family friendly, and even pet friendly! Plan to spend the day ... or the week, in beautiful Alpine Helen. We have lots of places to stay, to shop, and to dine. Helen Alpine Mini Golf is perfect for family, school, and church groups, parties, family gatherings and reunions. Open Daily March to November from 10 AM til 10 PM (weather permitting) Open weekends December, January, February as weather permits. Call ahead to make sure during winter months.
- More visitors info can be found here: https://www.helenga.org/
Helen Lodging Partners
You’ll never run out of things to do in Helen, but at some point, you need a respite. Helen offers lodging for every taste and budget—practical motel options to save you money for shopping, attractions, and dining. Or spacious condo and vacation rentals that let you bring plenty of friends for plenty of fun. We have charming B&B's, and rustic cabins. There are even camping options so you can sleep under our starry night sky. Below are a few of our favorite lodging partners.
- The Heidi Motel - The newly renovated Heidi Motel prides itself in personal touches that will make your stay memorable. Our spacious suite with fireplace and private patio will accommodate small business meetings, wedding parties and family reunions. We have spacious air-conditioned rooms, cable TV, and fireplaces. Some of our rooms are handicapped equipped. Non-smoking rooms available. Ask us about our Windmill Suite. Walk to the main Alpine Village shopping area, restaurants and entertainment. Heidi Motel, your "Home Away from Home". "Come as a stranger, leave as a friend."
Don't forget to share your best moments with #AlpineHelenGA and #OutpostGoldandGem